Pages

Monday, 27 February 2017

Slice of Life Post#1: Jelutong Tower

We were at MacRitchie Trails for one reason: to go to Jelutong Tower. It is a tower for bird watching. My mom and I walked through the rainforest for what seemed like hours. The paths that we had taken ended up to be dead ends with no tower in sight. But finally, we managed to find the right trail that led us to the tall green tower. As I climbed up, the stairs squeaked as my feet made contact with the boards. I spotted a banded woodpecker above me. I ran up as quickly as possible, but a tree was blocking it from a clear view. "Uh!" I groaned in frustration. But I realized I was not at the top level yet so I made my way up there through a few more flights. At the highest deck, a few photographers were looking out into the distance. We met a very friendly "birder" who told us interesting facts about the surrounding birds. My camera lens was sadly not powerful enough to take good photos of them. But I at least saw a species of sunbird that I had never seen before. When it was time to go back home, I felt like staying a little longer. The breeze was not stifled by the dense trees down on the forest floor. The atmosphere was incredibly refreshing. The green waves of the canopy looked very beautiful. I would definitely come back again.
Image result for slice of life

4 comments:

  1. The "green waves of the canopy" stand out- I loved the descriptions in your post. I wonder what sun bitds and banded woodpeckers look like? I am going to have to go look them up. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many birds did you end up seeing? This is a nice SOL!

    ReplyDelete